Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Hola Amiga!



Hi, there!

How's your week going so far?  I hope all is going well for you and that you are able to get some craft time to enjoy!

I saw the challenge over at City Crafter and got to thinking--ah yes, I do believe I have a cactus stamp.  The theme is "Feeling Prickly". You are to use something prickly on your project such as a cactus, hedgehog or even a pin or brad.  I haven't used the stamp set in awhile and got to stamping.  I came up with this card...



I water colored the background.  The mountains were just free hand.  The cacti and iguana were also water colored and popped up for dimension.  Brads were added to the sentiment tags.  Twine for the final touch.  I thought about drawing lines on the cacti or dots. But, decided against it for I liked the texture from the water color paper.  Oh decisions...decisions...ha!:-)  All supplies are listed below.

Ok, well that's all for now.  Take care and if I'm not back here again before Sunday...Happy Mother's Day!!!

Hugs,
Maria

Supplies:

Paper:  PTI, Tim Holtz(water color paper)
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties-sun
               Paper Smooches-cacti, iguana, sentiments, rocks
Water Color Paints:  Gansai Tambi
Ink:  Memento-Tuxedo Black
          SU-Soft Suede
Twine:  Darice
Brads:  Pixie Press

8 comments:

  1. Oh too cute, Maria! Your background is amazing & the twine at the top is absolutely perfect for this card! Another winner, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun scene and great job with the watercolouring. Those cacti look very jolly! Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, this is gorgeous! I love when you create backgrounds.. you have such a beautiful gift for it! :o) The landscape is spectacular. The little cacti are adorable and I love the warmth and texture of your sun. The bit of twine along the top adds even more beauty to admire. Stunning work as always, my dear friend! Wishing you a day of sunshine and sparkles. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! Toooooo adorable! Fabulous watercolor scene here, my friend! You did an amazing job free-handing that mountain range. Love the iguana and love those cacti with the grinning faces. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous watercolring!!!!! Love that cheeky iguana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant take on our theme. The cacti with their happy faces are FAB! Thanks for being with us this week at CCCB! Always a pleasure to see your namein the thumbnails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is terrific Maria! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete