Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Birthday!

 
 
Hi Friends!

TGIF!  I hope you all are doing well!  I thought I'd pop in on this Friday afternoon to show you what I worked on last night.  I won a card making class from Audrey Pettit developed by PageMapsU.  They give you detailed instructions on cards by many talented designers.  So, the above card I made, which is similar to Audrey's.  And, here is Audrey's fabulous card...



 
 
I think this card would be great for a masculine birthday.  It would work for feminine or masculine, I think.  But, since it's made I'm going to use it for a masculine birthday.  For I know if you are like me, masculine cards can be a struggle.  Anyways, I had fun making this card.  All the instructions and great details from many wonderful awesome designers.  It's week two of this card making class and I'm already behind!:-)  But, it was tons of fun!  I just love Audrey's style with all the detail and layering!  Thanks so much, Audrey, for the inspiration!  And, thank you for dropping by and visiting here today!  Take care and have a great weekend!
 
Hugs,
Maria
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  Making Memories, MME, BoBunny, Simples Stories
Stamps:  PTI, Paper Sweeties, SU
Tag:  Darice
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye(Tim Holtz)
Punch:  Fiskars, EK
Dies:  Paper Sweeties(balloons)-Sweet Cuts-Party Time
Dots:  Doodlebug
Alphas:  Tim Holtz


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning some class time...sounds like fun. You did a fabulous job on your card. Masculine or feminine is right, for sure.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and some warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Maria! I'm needed some inspiration for a masculine card for a pre-teen, so you and Audrey have given me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layers! Way to go using all those great patterned papers. You are right, there are never enough masculine cards in my stash that this would definitely go into that pile (or maybe start the pile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Maria! Love the colors and such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely don't have enough masculine cards! I love the layers you added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to win a class & wow--you made a fabulous card, Maria! Love the papers & design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely using that idea for masculine cards in the future! Great card Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win!! What a terrific prize and your card is wonderful ... I love those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fabulous job with this card! Love it! How fun that you won that class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Maria this is a stunner; love the balloons and your take on the design!
    Have a great Sunday!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, YAY! I'm SO glad you are enjoying the class, Maria! LOVE your fabulous card here! You did an amazing job, and I agree..... this card would be perfect for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria I really like your version of Audrey's card! I love that DYMO smile sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so fun, I am loving all those balloons!

    ReplyDelete