Sunday, October 12, 2014

Copic Coloring...

Hi there!

I just wanted to share with you some copic coloring images from a class(Whimsical Faces and Hair) that I went to yesterday.  Debbie Olsen was the instructor and did a fantastic job presenting!  The class just flew by.  Time flies when you're having fun!  Anyways, I wanted to share the simple to more advanced images.  I'll even show you my throw away image...uh huh...it's not a keeper...hehehe!  So, here is the nonkeeper one...


I don't think I did well on the hair or the face.  After I returned home in the evening, I went to work and did the same image, but with different hair color.  I needed more practice with black hair and decided to spiff him up with his hair, vest, and pants.  And, here is that little guy...


Ok, you still with me?  Now on to an intermediate sample...

 
On this darling girl image, there is more shading and more definition.  I still need practice with the hair and did the hair and face on this one in class.  I finished her outfit last evening.  But, I do like the orange hair on her, which I'll have to try again some time.

Finally, the advanced samples...

 
This rad teen is listening to his music!  I didn't give him a lot of highlights either, but I think he looks ok as is.  Oh, I will point out one mistake that I did with him, but I fixed it while in class.  Debbie thought he needed more shading on the right side of his face.  When I went back to do more shading, the black evidently wasn't dry and it smeared.  So, I got out my 0.3 black liner pen and just drew a little more hair in that area.  Yeah, all was well with the image again!:-)
 
Ok, just one more!  Brace yourself 'cause she's a little beauty!  Not how I colored her even though I don't think I did too bad with her, but she's a beautiful image by Saturated Canary...
 
 
 


This is what I look like when I exercise...HA!:-)  Ok, friends, that's all for now. Thank you for viewing my copic samples here today!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Maria

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic coloring, Maria! I would love to attend a class but we really don't have a lot of interest in this area it seems. I love Saturated Canary stamps (even though I don't have any)--I think they are adorable. Where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria--Looks like you made great use of the class! I really love your re-done little guy--looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria! I'm so happy you shared your Copic work with us! I adore colored images so it was fun for me to look through your practices. :o) You've done lovely work! Saturated Canary images are beautiful beyond words and you did an amazing job with all that intimidating hair. :o) I look forward to seeing your next creation! I hope to return to practicing soon! Just waiting on the arm... sigh!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's what I look like, too! ;)
    Great job, Maria! This is what I really need, a good class... I'm pretty hopeless at the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! your coloring is wonderful! You are doing so good in this class! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am in awe of anyone who can do what you do ... Your colouring skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job, Maria! Hehe--I would never have even noticed the black hair trick if you hadn't mentioned it--great fix! ;-)

    ReplyDelete