Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Copic Colored Images...

 
Hi, Friends!
 
Just popping in quick to show you some copic colored images from the classes I took last weekend.  Lori Craig taught the class in Columbus, Ohio.  And, she did a fabulous job!  She is so patient and kind!  I was on cloud nine after I finished the class! 
 
We did a couple of bear images and I really enjoyed coloring those little bears.  I have a couple bear stamps, so I'll have to get them out and make some baby cards.  The focus was to keep in mind where the light source is and shade accordingly with your colors.  So, you can see the right side of the face on the girl bear is much lighter where the light is shining on her.
 
 
We practiced on trees with spherical and cone shape.  The idea was to follow the shape with the shading.
 



Hair coloring technique was taught.  I do like the first hair sample.  The second sample with black hair is OK, but I feel I need more practice.  Practice makes perfect, right?:-)

You still with me?  The last copic image I colored is of the Polynesian girl.  Hair and skin with shading was done on this lovely image with several markers.  You can notice the shading on the right side of the face where there is less light.  Also, the shading for the nose and eye lids.  I was quite pleased how she turned out....



Thank you for viewing my copic colored images today!
It was so well worth taking the class!  I learned a lot about copic coloring and design!  Now I can't wait to receive more copic markers that I recently purchased...hehehe!

Copic markers used for the Polynesian girl:

Skin:  E00, E02, E11, E13, E04, BV000
Lips:  R21, R24, R29, R59
Eyes:  B00, B02
Flower:  R81, R83, R85, R59

Images by:  Marianne Walker

Hugs,
Maria

9 comments:


  1. I can see you're having a lot of fun and these are looking so good. You really have the lady's skin and hair looking pretty. I love those little bear images. So adorable. You're doing really well on all the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have an actual Copic class to attend. I'm trying to teach myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maria, beautiful shading on that Polynesian girl. Taking one of those classes is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great student, Maria! That girl is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to you ... These look fabulous!! I really like the Polynesian girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, when I look at this I know that I need some Copics markers but they are so expensive!!! Maybe I can twist my DH's arm by showing him what you have done here!! Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job coloring!!!! I am still trying to teach myself...but I know I NEED a class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good Maria!!! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, how awesome! Looks like you really learned a lot in your class. These are fabulous! I really, really, really need some lessons on coloring! ;)

    ReplyDelete